Tuesday 31 December 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ODI


Hello hi,

Happy New Year! Yay! It’s the start of a new decade; so exciting! Actually, it’s not exactly a New year where I currently am, but it is where I was born so I’m going with that time zone (ha ha!) It’s also my younger sister’s birthday so it’s usually a double celebration for our family. By the way, I am super excited to announce that I have finally opened my official Instagram blog account (@lavivsblog)! It still needs some work but please follow and share in the meantime.

This year had been a funny one for me. My life almost felt like a pendulum – oscillating up, left, right, down... There were times when I would get annoying news, and then almost immediately afterwards, hear good news and vice versa; it was so confusing. Many times I did not know whether to laugh or cry; I’m sure there were times when I did both at the same time. But in all, I survived by God’s grace; I’m still here - strong, healthy, and happy, and for these, I am grateful to the Almighty. You should be thankful too, because you are alive reading this blog post. J

This year, I had many first encounters – encounter with, new cities, new guys, and even with the Police! I also had lots of unplanned reunions; it was like I re-met someone from each phase of my life this year. I’ll tell you about these later via my blog and as usual, I’ll be sharing my 2020 goals and an evaluation of my 2019 goals (which I think I did not do too bad on). However, for now, this post is dedicated to my younger sister and so I have made a poor attempt to write a short poem. Poetry has never been my strength even though it was what I started with as a writer, when I was about seven years old; so please don’t judge! Hee hee! Enjoy:

AN ODE TO ODI







Mama came home bearing gifts and a baby, I was told that I was now a big sister
The gifts were due to the New Year delivery, T’was a special day though not on an Easter
My five year reign had abruptly ended, No longer was I the last born of the home
I looked at baby with curiosity extended, Her eyes shone like a gemstone

She was given the name Cynthia and Odi, a name that pleases GOD
She spoke and walked before a year old, a child that was never bored
Thus she had to go early to school, a nearby one called Santa Maria
Somewhere she could learn to doodle, until we figured out her future career

Many years gone by with tide, she was now a young woman of steel
Her eyes still shone bright and wide, especially during a Christmas sale
Street-smart and no longer a smallie, elegant and blessed in many ways
Always still full of lively stories, I pray she blossoms more every day.

Happy birthday to my only little sister, the dark brown-skinned woman! May God keep and bless you beyond your imaginations, Amen!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful 2020. Don’t forget to leave a comment under the post, like and share the post, and follow me on Instagram: official blog is @ lavivsblog, personal IG (@ugochiukah) and twitter (@vivio_gogo) for updates.

2 comments: