Sunday 12 April 2020

EASTER 2020 (LENTEN GOALS AND RICE WATER REVIEW)


Hello hi,

Happy Easter! I hope everyone is doing well during these times. As you know, we have to stay safe, hopeful and prayerful.

Today officially marks the end of lent, which means we can now shout Hallelujah (Alleluia), Christ is risen indeed. As we start the Easter season of the church calendar, I have decided to review my lent goals which I outlined here. Before I start my lent review, I also did a review of using rice water for hair in this video below so check it out J






LENTEN GOALS REVIEW

I wrote about 3 main things that I wanted to do during lent, so I want to take a look back to see how far I came:

1. Abstinence from meat: I did not eat any meat, that is, beef, chicken, goat, pork etc. except for fish throughout the lent period. This means that I did not have meat for 43 days, wow! (besides one time when I had lentil soup in a restaurant before the pandemic and I realised afterwards that there may have been meat in the soup).  And the funniest part is that I did not even miss meat during the period or feel tempted to eat. Maybe it was because I was mostly confined to my house (self-isolation due to the corona virus pandemic) and so I was able to make different delicious fish and other protein-rich dishes, whereas if I had gone to restaurants during the weekends (as often used to be the case), I may have had limited choices.

2. Attending stations of the cross: I went for the first two weeks and by the third week, we were on lockdown. I tried to follow the way of the cross via Youtube as much as possible, although I think I missed it once or twice and I fell asleep a few times. But at least I tried :)

3. Friday kissing: Well, given the current situation, I did not even have to try hard to abstain from kissing anyone, so my lips are pure, lol. I did not even kiss the Veneration cross on Good Friday. I have to add though that there were still a handful of people asking me out on dates during this period, which was shocking to me. But of course, I stayed indoors except when necessary (taking walks by myself and grocery shopping).

So what about you? Were you able to keep your Lenten promises or goals? Let me know in the comment section.

Thank you for reading my post and please share. Don’t forget to keep visiting my blog and follow my Instagram page @lavivsblog and twitter @vivio_gogo for more updates (my main Instagram page is @ugochiukah). Until next time, please try to stay coronavirus free. Have a great week and God bless. Xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment