Thursday 1 April 2021

HAPPY APRIL 2021, HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY AND HAPPY HOLY THURDAY.

 Hello hi,

Happy new month! It is the fourth month of the year 2021, April! This month is very special to me because it is the month of my Father’s birthday (April 14th), my younger brother’s birthday (April 12th) and guess who else, my own birthday – April 24th! So, we’ve got 3 April-born in my home and we are the leading month in my family, ha ha.

Anyway, if you are wondering what would be a great gift for me this year, I’ve got the answer for you à Please subscribe to my YouTube channel (Vivio Gogo) if you haven’t and also get at least 10 people to subscribe. My target is to reach 3000 subscribers by April 24th and I know it is feasible with your help, so please do so! Thank you in anticipation of your help! I also have a new video for you, so please check it out here.





Today is also a significant day for other reasons. First, it is April fool’s day; honestly, I have never cared for any of the silly stunts and games . Then, it is Holy Thursday – also known as the last supper, or the institution of the Holy Eucharist or Holy communion of Christ, which is the first day of the Triduum (that is the three days before Easter - Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday). Holy Thursday is also the day when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples during the Passover feast, to show that what true leadership means – service. Therefore, during Mass on Holy Thursday, the catholic priests usually wash 12 people’s feet. I always wished I would be selected for feet washing but did not think there would be much of a chance, since only men were selected back in my family church in Nigeria. I guess they were trying to emulate the fact that the 12 disciples of Jesus were male, even though He had many other followers including Mary and Martha. Anyway, fast forward to years later (about 10 years ago when I was living in Sheffield, England), twelve people sitting at the aisle of the church were randomly selected for feet washing. And I happened to be one of them! I was so excited that I could not stop grinning while my feet were being washed by the priest. I made sure to stretch them out very well, lol! I know I have told this story on my blog before but I keep telling it as it was definitely one of my best Lenten moments. 😊

I pray that this new month of April brings you joy and clarity in your life. As we enter this Triduum, may we be reminded of the Love of God for us, that he sent his only son to die for us. May we extend this love and forgiveness to others and may we rise with him again on the last day. Have a wonderful April and happy Easter in advance!

Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Vivio Gogo) and also share (including my blog) with your friends. Also follow me on Instagram @ugochiukah and @lavivisblog, and on twitter @vivio_gogo . Until next time, stay safe and happy. XOXO, God bless.

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Month Ugochi!! Hope covid is under control by next Easter so maybe you can get selected again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank very much FT! I hope so too :) Have a lovely easter

      Delete