Monday 1 March 2021

HAPPY MARCH 2021

Hello hi,

Happy new month! It is the third month of the year 2021, March. Don’t ask me what I did last month because I honestly don’t remember, lol 😊 Actually, apart from work stuff, I managed to share a few videos on my YouTube channel – so please check them out. I also had a couple of presentations, one of which I won best oral presentation award for! I was so excited; I have always wanted to win something like this and in the past, I had gotten honourable mention for poster. So indeed, this was a wish of mine that came through. What else happened last month? Hmm…valentine’s day! Lol. I actually got some flowers, and chocolates from some old and new friends. That was very nice.

How was your Valentine’s day?





There was no other event for February, except that Lent season began for Catholics. For those who may not know, this is a season that marks the day of repentance, in preparation of Easter (the resurrection of Jesus Christ). So Lent season starts on Ash Wednesday, when the priest puts some ashes on our foreheads as a sign of repentance, and ends on Good Friday, the day when Jesus was crucified. Given the current circumstances, this year, there were designated times for the ashes. Also, the priest in my church did not touch our foreheads; he just sprinkled the ashes over my head which felt a bit weird, but of course is much safer.

During Lent season, we are encouraged to fast, abstain from something, be more prayerful and give alms to the poor. Last year, I gave up meat i.e. chicken, beef; I only ate fish. However, this year, I was not too sure of what of give up or do. I am still thinking about it (it’s not too late), but for now, I decided to sing more praises to God. Let me know if you have any ideas.

How about you, what did you give up or change for lent?

And that’s all I wanted to pen down today, basically I want to wish you a wonderful new month. I pray that this new month of March brings you your good heart desires and peace of mind and body. Thank you so much for reading and don’t forget to share how your February went and your plans for Lent (if applicable) in the comment section. Please also share with your friends and subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Vivio Gogo) and follow me on Instagram @ugochiukah and @lavivisblog, and on twitter @vivio_gogo . Until next time, stay safe and happy. XOXO, God bless.

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Month Ugochi! My roommate got me a teddy bear and some gifts which was so sweet of her, considering she just moved in February 1st. I also had a friend surprise me with a fruit bouquet and cookies. And I spent the day watching my favourite black love old movies. For Lent, I'm the same, trying to improve my prayer life and reduce my social media usage but I didn't give it up. Everytime I say I should add Divine Mercy chaplet or rosary but I haven't been consistent to be honest. Anyway I heard this sad joke one time that for this lent, I'm not just giving something up, me myself I give up, lol. God forbid sha. I won't give up. I'm just trying to incorporate prayer, fasting and almsgiving as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, don't give up o. At least we are making efforts to do something during Lent. Aww that's so sweet of your roommate and friends. I remember you watched Namaste Wahala movie on Valentine's day, lol. Thanks for reading. xx

      Delete
    2. Yasss! I even forgot about Namaste Wahala LOL

      Delete