Saturday 26 December 2020

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON 2020! MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY BOXING DAY

Hello hi, compliments of the season! I hope you are having a wonderful season and taking some time to rest and celebrate with family. Today is Boxing day; my father told me that it is called so because traditionally you ‘un-box’ your Christmas presents the day after Christmas. I believe it’s to avoid the feeling of the presents taking over the ‘actual meaning’ of Christmas (just my opinion 😊). Anyway, I’m sure everyone who got presents has already unwrapped them since yesterday, ha ha. If you did not get any presents, just remember that being here today, especially in the climate of 2020, is the greatest gift from God!




So do you have any Christmas traditions? Typically, my family would go to the village for Christmas and we would all eat rice and chicken, while wearing our Christmas clothes. However, nobody travelled this year and I neither ate rice nor chicken, although I ate some delicious groundnut soup with poundo yam that a friend made for me :P. I was speaking to one of my brothers and he said I did not celebrate Christmas, no rice, no Christmas, lol. But I wore Christmas attire and he did not; so for me, he was the one that did not celebrate Christmas. Ha ha.









Sometimes, I think we get carried away with all the festivities and forget that Christmas is about the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. We celebrate this day because without the birth of Christ, there would have been no death, and without the death of Jesus Christ, we Christians believe that we would not have been saved. So, this is a time to be grateful and to show love and care to others. Try to be generous – you can share your food, your time, your voice, your energy etc. with others. Remember that many people are alone during this period and while you may not be able to visit them because of COVID-19, you can give them a call or leave a nice note or chocolates at their door. Don’t forget to say a prayer for your loved ones and for those who are ill, lonely, or suffering. And no matter what may have happened this year, do not give up hope. By God’s grace, everything will be well.

Take good care and have a happy holiday season. Xoxo - UVU

PS - Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Vivio Gogo) and follow me on Instagram @ugochiukah and @lavivisblog, and on twitter @vivio_gogo 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ugochi! My family usually goes to mass and travels to visit my grandmother on Christmas Day to eat our Christmas rice. She passed away so we're still figuring out our new traditions. I bought myself a Christmas sweater and cooked my jollof rice and did my mass online. So I guess I celebrated,lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww May her soul rest in peace. Hopefully your Christmas traditions will go on joyfully but in a new way. Christmas sweater, not matching PJs? :P But of course, you did celebrate and we thank God for the opportunity. Thanks a lot for reading and have a wonderful season. xx

      Delete
  2. Our Christmas tradition is a special Christmas breakfast passed down from generations. We spend Christmas Day in nice comfy pjs, eat good food and enjoy family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice tradition, comfy and homely. I like it 😊 Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. X

      Delete