Saturday 9 January 2021

GOAL SETTING: 2020 GOALS REVIEW AND SCORE

 Hello hi,

I hope your 2021 is going well so far. Can you believe that we are already in the second week? Before we blink, the year will be over, lol. But before that happens, it’s that time of the year where I review my goals for the previous year (2020 in this case) and score myself based on how well I made an effort to achieve them. So, I don’t score on whether I achieved the goals or not, but more on whether I really tried to. This year, I had a 5 out of 10 – yay! That was a great improvement from 2019 where I scored 3 out of 10, LMAO. And given how 2020 went, this is really an achievement, so I’m happy and thankful to God.

In 2020, I pretty much rewrote most of my 2019 goals :P. I was determined to give them another try, switching things up as needed. Below is a brief break down of each goal and why I gave myself the scored for that goal (see photo):






1.     Being thankful everyday: This was the first time I had this as a goal and it was perfect for 2020 as it helped me recognize God’s blessings and favour upon my life. Everyday, I found a reason to say thank you to God and honestly, I did not have to think much to see a reason. Being alive was more than enough. I gave myself ¾ because of course there were so many times where I complained bitterly, even though I said thank you. LOL. So for me, that’s sort of ingratitude. This year, I hope to do much better by His grace.

2.     Volunteer for a good cause: Last year, I became a volunteer peer-mentor in 2 different organizations. I’m still learning and hoping to help out more this year.

3.     To be more organized and punctual, especially for church: I gave myself half mark because I was still late for church early last year, but when the pandemic hit, I started watching mass online, so I guess I became punctual :P. I still need to be more organized, for sure!

4.     To weigh 58kg ± 2kg: This one has the best score, I passed with flying colours! I’m so happy about it, especially as the reverse could have easily been the case, since I was working mostly from home and eating whenever I wanted, lol. Even though I would like to take credit for it, believe it or not - I seriously prayed about this, so I give God the glory.

5.     Blog every week: Ha ha! Let me just say that I hope to do better this year. Also, although I did not achieve this, I ended up achieving some unexpected objectives. I had Instagram live every Saturday for about 4 months – something I started impromptu with my friend, Sylvia which exposed me to more guests and so much fun! I also started making more videos and uploading them on my YouTube channel here. So at least, I did something new. 😊

6.     Improve French: According to my French teacher, I’m doing great. I know I can do much better, so hopefully this year.

7.     Learn to swim or bike: Okay, this was really not my fault. I’d just leave it as a consequence of the pandemic, because I had made some serious plans for these but could not follow through.

8.     Publish ≥10 academic papers: I gave myself half mark as I worked hard on this. By God’s grace, publications with my name will be flying out everywhere this year 😊

9.     Enter a writing competition: I have no excuse but this year o... LOL

10.  More art work e.g. painting, music lessons etc.: Again, the pandemic prevented me from attending the in-person art class I had intended too. Although that is not a good enough reason. I painted twice on a drawing book and I should continue to do more. As I also mentioned, I had IG live shows and I think I developed or advanced my hosting skills, so I hope that counts for art work, LOL.

So that’s the summary of my goal achievement. This year, I know a lot of people are discouraged based on how 2020 went and don’t want to plan ahead. However, I think planning is always great, even if you don’t achieve all. For 2021, I have set some very “Adult” goals (in my opinion), so I really pray that I will achieve them ALL by God’s grace. On my latest YouTube video here, I discuss the steps I usually take to plan my goals. You can watch and let me know how you plan yours.

So how about you? Did you make any goals last year and if so, how much of it did you achieve or at least try to? And did you make any goals for this year 2021, or will you be making any (it’s not too late :P)? Leave a comment below. Remember that “Planning is everything but plans are nothing” àone of my favourite quotes. Also, “Man proposes, God disposes”.

I really hope that this year will be much better than last by God’s grace. Thank you so much for reading and please share with your friends. Until next time, stay safe and happy. XOXO

PS - Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel (Vivio Gogo) and follow me on Instagram @ugochiukah and @lavivisblog, and on twitter @vivio_gogo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment